The Spirit Connection — Back to Cassadaga
Revealing facts about the mysterious religion of Spiritualism and the belief of communicating
with the spirits of discarnate humans.
- ISBN: 9780615253183
- 162 pages 5.5 x 8.5 inches
- Paperback w/high quality slick paper
- More than 75 photos
- Pub date: January 2009
- Price: $18.50 USD NOW $12.50
- $3.99 shipping in USA
The Spirit Connection— Back to Cassadaga is about spiritualism and the spiritualist in the tiny community of Cassadaga, Florida where mediums have been talking with the dead for more than 130 years. Recognized around the globe as The Psychic Center of the World and in the United States as The South's Oldest Spiritualist Community, Cassadaga has more psychics and mediums per capita than any other town in the world. It is believed that there is an unexplained energy — a paranormal hot spot — in Cassadaga that attracts both flesh and spirit.
The book is an exclusive inside look at the spiritual camp and what makes it so unique as a center that reaches into the spirit world to channel communication from the dead to earthly mortals.
Some of the world's most noted spiritualists, psychics, healers and mediums have come here to lecture, to teach and often to stay. Believers and skeptics alike are attracted to Cassadaga, seeking messages from departed loved ones through psychic and spiritual readings.
Because of its unique profile, Cassadaga has been the object of newspaper and magazine articles as well as television programs that focused on the town's association with talking to the dead. While other spiritualist centers across America have all but disappeared, Cassadaga has maintained its popularity and attraction for people from around the world and from all walks of life.
Now, in the most comprehensive book ever published about Cassadaga, The Spirit Connection -— Back to Cassadaga reveals heretofore unpublished facts in book form about spiritualism and the spiritualist in Cassadaga:
- from brief historical accounts of the earliest records of spiritualism, to the materialization of Cassadaga and a colorful tour of the community today
- exclusive stories from mediums, detailed anecdotes of readings, encounters with spirits, ghost sightings, séances, and suspicion of fraud within the community
- the surprising confession that almost killed the global spiritualist movement
- details about the religion of spiritualism; the different kinds of readings and healing methods
- opinions of 'who we are' from the mediums themselves, to comments from sitters after being 'read', The Spirit Connection — Back to Cassadaga lets you experience this spiritual community up close — from the inside as never before
Authors Janet Karcher and John Hutchinson have lived in the Cassadaga, Florida area since the mid-1970s. The Spirit Connection — Back to Cassadaga is their third book about Cassadaga. In 1979 they wrote Meet the Mediums and in 1980, This Way to Cassadaga. They have been publishing a national monthly magazine, Markee, since 1985.